Friday, October 29, 2010

{october: week four}

This week we didn't get a lot of academic learning in,
but we had a great time on our field trip and at our Halloween Party!

Farm Field Trip

 My girls all ready {and so excited} to go!



 The Corn Maze.  We did get lost, but we made it out.

The Petting Zoo
We rode in a wagon to the pumpkin patch
The big slide was awesome!

Halloween Party

Miss A & Miss B - Little Doctors
 Jack-O-Lantern Sequencing from Teacher's Helper Oct. 2010

 Pin the Tail on the Cat


 Pumpkin to Jack-O-Lantern - foam craft from WalMart


Boo Bingo
 A Room Mother brought this to a Halloween Party when I taught elementary & she gave it me after our class party.  It's so fun for preschool because the kids get to recognize the shapes and distinguish between the slight differences  - for example there are 2 ghosts: one trick-or-treater and a "real" one.

G is for Ghost
 We sang a similar rhyme when we learned letter E.

One Sound of G is /g/ sung to Farmer in the Dell

5 Little Ghosts

I had this story and these ghosts stored away in my Halloween files from when I taught first grade and second grade years ago.  I just saw this post on Oopsey Daisy and she has the same ghosts, but she retyped the story so it is much cuter.  Download her Halloween Packet!
Five Little Ghosts Story

Five Little Hungry Ghosts

Five Little Ghosts - after snacking
 I made 2 sets to attach the matching ghosts to each other.
The kids loved how they magically changed color during the story.

Click to download

Click to download

Ghost Suckers


Jack-O-Lantern puzzles
Haunted Houses
Haunted House Craft Kit from Oriental Trading Co.

Halloween Action Cards
I LOVED this idea from that same post on Oopsey Daisy.
My students had a great time and it really helped to get the wiggles out!

I have an animal set of cards/circles that I have been working on.  We'll play the game next week & I will post the link tomorrow!

Each student got to take home a goodie bag with all of their crafts & activities!

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment